Things to do in Brittany
Some places to visit and things to do when staying at Treunaff in Brittany.
- Take the steam train from Pontrieux to Paimpol.
- Follow the route of the ‘Closes' and Calvaries of the churches.
- Take a boat trip over to the wonderful island of Brehat - a no car zone - it is a delight to walk or cycle around the island. Or if you are keen birdwatcher take a boat around the Sept Iles
- Tregastel - small marine aquarium
- Brest - Oceanopolis
- Armoripark at Begard - Water Park.
- Swimming pools at Lannion, Guingamp, Plouigneau Tregieur.
- More locally visit the Papeteries at Belle Isle for an insight into the life and work of the locals when the main industry in the village was paper making and visit the site of the barrage/dam that was built for this purpose.
- The Zoo park at Tregomeur or 'Go Ape' at Plemeur Bodou.
- Park and gardens of the impressive Roche Jagu and visit the 'wash houses' by boat nearby.
- Visit the whisky distillery at Lannion.
- Canoeing on the Nantes/Brest canal.
- Planetarium at Plemeur Bodou.
- If you like walking explore the hundreds of footpaths.
- These are just a few of the things you can do. There is something for everyone and of all ages.
And if all this sounds too exhausting why not stay local - drink some home made cider; raid the polytunnel for fresh veg, enjoy a barbecue, chill out chez Treunaff.